- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 randoms fact about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I hate pumpkin. I can’t stand the taste of it.
- I am 28 years old and I still don’t have a driver’s license.
- When I see an earthworm on the sidewalk, I’ll pick it up and put it back into the soil so it will have some chance of survival.
- I want to move to England one day but don’t have any money right now.
- I think frogs, turtles and snakes are cute.
- I am half Antiguan and half African-American.
- The only beaches I go to is the Jersey Shore or the any beaches in the Caribbean even though there are three beaches in NYC.
- I always eat ice cream even during the winter time.
- I love Peeps!
- I have flat feet.
- I use to collect porcelain figurines when I was kid and now my apartment is filled with them.
1) If you’re not enjoying a book do you give up or struggle through it?
I am stubborn so I am always determined to finish a book. I feel I can’t truly give my opinion on it if I didn’t even complete it.
2) Of the books you were required to read for school, which was your favorite?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. When you are in high school and still trying to figure out who you are, this was a perfect book to connect to.
3) If you could re-write an ending of a book that you have read which one would it be and why? (If you’re satisfied with all the endings then my question would be which one was your favorite ending of a book/series?)
Janie Face to Face by Caroline B. Cooney. There was no confrontation whatsoever between Janie and her kidnapper and for a popular series that should have occurred.
4) Do you sometimes imagine yourself as a character in any books that you read? If so, which ones?
Pride and Prejudice, Me Before You, most of Meg Cabot books.
5) What is the most expensive book that you bought? The cheapest?
I bought a hardcover book for $40 but I don’t remember the title. The cheapest are books I bought for a penny over Amazon.
6) If you could mix characters from any books and build the perfect story, who would you pick?
All of Austen’s characters. Don’t you think it’s time they mingle together?
7) Name a book/series that is difficult to get into; however, seems to have huge fanbase/hardcore fans?
The Hunger Games. I just really don’t get it.
8)Which book(s) has made an impact in your life?
Pride and Prejudice. You can read about it in my post here.
9) Though this can be rare, which movie adaptation in your opinion is actually better/or is as equally great as the book?
The 1995 BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.
10) How often do you read out of your “comfort zone”?
Not that much but I do try to read at least 4 non-fiction books a year
11) You are having literary tea party and you are allowed 7 guests, who do you invite? (characters, authors…) What would happen at your literary party? (if you can come up with a scenario anyways…)
Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, JK Rowling, Meg Cabot, Jojo Moyes, Emily Giffin, and Kate Morton…talking about books what else?
A Girl’s Wonderings’ Questions
Who is your favourite artist (art wise, not singing) and why?
Claude Monet. I can just get lost looking at Monet’s garden paintings.
What genre of music to you like the most?
What musical instruments can you play?
What do you collect and why?
The only thing I can say I collect is books. I love to read that much lol.
If you were trapped in a room with either an alien, an evil robot or spiders, what would you choose and why?
Spiders. They don’t scare me and I can just kill them if I need to.
What is the last thing you bought?
Most ‘magical’ memory?
Going to DisneyWorld, the most magical place on Earth.
What would you rather have: Glasses or Contacts?
Well since I currently wear glasses, I’m going stick with glasses.
Favourite optical illusion and why?
Magic Eye. Just love trying to figure out the picture popping out at you.
Favourite TV Show?
I have a couple so I’ll name five: Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Sleepy Hollow, Smallville, and Sherlock.
Last trip you went on?
London back in August.
Questions for the Nominees
- What is one quote you try to live by?
- Favorite movie adaptation base from a book?
- Favorite genre? Why?
- You’re on a deserted island and you can only take 10 books with you, what would you take?
- The longest book you ever read?
- How do you choose your next book to read?
- What literary place you would like to visit? Why?
- A book you would be to embarrass to read in public?
- Who do you admire most?
- If you can vote for a literary character for president, who would you choose and why?
- Why did you start a blog?