Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Today’s post is:
Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With”
This took awhile since I had to differentiate between characters I disliked and characters I didn’t click with:
1 & 2. Rachel and Amy Watson from The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
Amy was clingy and whiny and Rachel was just depressing all the time. Probably one of the reasons I didn’t like the book that much.
3. Frank Churchill from Emma by Jane Austen
He is not as bad as George Wickham and I understand that he needed to conceal his engagement with Jane Fairfax…but you’re telling me he couldn’t find another way to hide it other than flirting with another woman, especially in front of his fiance?
4. Kim from Don’t Get Me Wrong by Marianne Kavanagh
Understood where she was coming from but had hard time feeling sorry for her, especially when some of the problems that were caused were of her own doing.
5. Edmund Bertram from Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
He is not a bad character. It’s just…I feel that Fanny deserved better. I am rereading Mansfield Park now so maybe my perception of him will change.
6. Robinson Crusoe from Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Both him and the book was soooo boring!
7. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
She was just a very bad narrator. It was difficult for me to get through the story because of her.
8. Lemuel Gulliver from Gulliver’s Travles by Johnathan Swift
Same reason I gave for Robinson Crusoe.
9. Shea Rigsby from The One & Only by Emily Giffin
Maybe it was the type of relationship that she was pursuing but I just couldn’t emotionally click with Shea like I usually do in Giffin’s other novels.
10. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Sometimes his passion for revenge got the best of him.
What characters did you not click with?