Goodreads announced the 2019 winners of the Goodreads Choice Awards, an annual award that recognizes the best books of the year, chosen by the readers.
Here are some of the winners:
- Best Fiction: The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Best Mystery & Thriller: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Best Historical Fiction: Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Best Fanatsy: Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- Best Romance: Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston
- Best Horror: The Institute by Stephen King
- Best Poetry: SHOUT by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Best Young Adult Fiction: Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott, Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis
- Best Young Adult Fantasy: The Wicked King by Holly Black
- Best Graphic Novels & Comics: Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks
- Best Middle Grade & Children’s Fiction: The Tyrant’s Tomb by Rick Riordan
- Best Debut Novel:Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston
You can find the full list here.