Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week’s post is:
Halloween Freebie! (Happy Halloween! Let your creativity run wild with a themed post to celebrate!)
Scary movies may have always been a hit and miss with me but reading scary stories has always been a definite hit for me. I like reading a spooky ghost story, without having to see blood and guts splashed over a TV/Movie screen. And a ghost story, just like any book, can provide a powerful impact way better than any slasher flick. So if you are looking for something to scare you out of your wits this Halloween, why not try these books out:
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins – Full of mystery and suspense…exactly what you need for Halloween. You can read my full review here.
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – Find out why this is the bestselling mystery of all time! You can read my review of it here.
- The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson – I’m reading this book and the suspense is killing me! I can’t get enough of this book.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- The Dream Woman by Wilkie Collins
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Lot No. 249 by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn – I got chills when I finished reading this. You can read my full review here.
- Anything by Libba Bray – Most of her series consist all of the supernatural elements that will keep you entertain this Halloween. You can read my review of one of her books, The Diviners, here.