Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week’s post is:
Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After
1. Gemma Doyle from A Great and Terrible Beauty
Gemma is fiery, independent, and care about those around her…what a strong name to have!
2. Emma Woodhouse from Emma by Jane Austen
Emma might have been a spoiled and snobbish character but beneath there is a good heart.
3. Katrina Van Tassel from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
May not be a big fan of the character but I like the sound of “Katrina” as a name.
4. Fitwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Maybe not Fitwilliam but William is a good name and I think Darcy could work for either a girl or a boy.
5. Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock Holmes Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6. Katarina Bishop from Heist Society by Ally Carter
It would be cool have a Katarina as child…hopefully, she won’t do that many robberies.
7.Edmund Bertram from Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
For a dog, most likely
And last but not least:
8. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book! Of course I would find some way to name my child or my pet after one of my favorite characters. In fact I actually did!
Meet Lizzy, my guinea pig! She is just as headstrong and independent like her namesake.
I couldn’t think of anymore but if during the day I come up with one, I’ll write it down.What character names you would use?