Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Today’s post is:
Top Ten Tuesday Freebie — YOUR CHOICE OF TOPIC.”
So I decided to list the top ten literary places I would love to visit (it is like a sanctuary for us book lovers):
1. Emily Dickinson Museum, Amherst, MA
2. The Brontë Parsonage Museum, Haworth, England
3. Walden Pond, Concord, MA
4. Monk’s House, East Sussex, England
A cottage purchased by Virginia and Leonard Woolf.
5.Sherlock Holmes Museum & Shop, London, England
6. Scotland, UK (there was just too many interesting and beautiful places to visit so I’m putting down the entire country)
7. Ireland (same here with Ireland)
8. Lyme Park, Disley, Cheshire, UK
(Was used as Pemberley in the BBC 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice)
9. Chatsworth House, Derbyshire, England
(The house was name itself in Pride and Prejudice as one the houses Elizabeth visited. And although I’m not a big fan of the movie, this house represented Pemberley in the 2005 film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, as well as another TV adaptation, Death Comes to Pemberley)
10. Chawton House, Chawton, Hampshire, UK
Although I visited the Jane Austen Museum twice, I want to visit Chawton House Library. It was the home of Edward Austen Knight, the brother of Jane Austen. The library is now The Centre for the Study of Early English Women’s Writing, 1600-1830.
What literary places would you like to visit?