Can you believe that it is already the end of April? I have this feeling that the year just got started. Anyway, I digress and can’t wait for May to begin. I have great things lined up.
But first, let us recap this month. I think I have done more reading this month than I usually did in the past. Two of them were great reads and one really bad one. But when you have a collection of books to read, there is always one bad apple in the bunch. You can read my reviews of the books I read below:
Three books read this month is good but I think I can do better. Out of these three, Reconstructing Amelia was my favorite. The Girl on the Train would have made it if there weren’t so many inconsistencies.
I am going to be a typical college student and try to read three books at once:
I read Emma before but after reading that travesty of McCall’s version of Emma, I knew I had to go back to the original. Hopefully, I will be successful in reading three books at the same time and have a review for you guys in the next coming weeks. Challenges
I have completed two challenges. The #ReadingMyLibrary Challenge ended today and I’m sad to see it go. I had a lot of doing it and I have grown to appreciate my library even more.
The last day for the 30 Day Writing Challenge is tomorrow. And I have to say, this challenge has given me a lot of practice on my writing skills. So I hope you guys have enjoyed my posts during this challenge as much as I have.
My life has just been so hectic I forgot I was nominated for another award! I want to thank Patricia @ Bibliophile for nominating me. Here are the rules:
1. The nominee shall display the respective logo on her/his blog.
2. The nominee shall nominate ten (10) bloggers she/he admires, by linking to their blogs and informing them about it.
Upcoming for Next Month
- This Saturday is Independent Bookstore Day, so I hope you guys go out to your local bookstore and celebrate the joys of indie bookstores.
- Book Con! May 30-31 is Book Con, an annual book convention being held at the Javits Center in New York. It’s my first time going, so I can’t wait to share my experience with you!
- Weekly Tea Discussion. This begins tomorrow and I have great topics lined up so I hope you guys join in the discussion. (P.S. I’m trying to use InLinkz for this but I’m having trouble with the encoding and inputting it in a blog post. If anyone has experience doing this, your advice will be greatly appreciated)
What have you guys read this month? What are you excited to read or do next month?