Since I think Jane Austen is the funniest, wittiest writer I know, I decided to write down her top 5 phrases I feel are funny:
1. “Pictures of perfection make me sick and wicked.”
2. “She had a lively disposition, which delighted in anything ridiculous.”
3. “I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.”
4. “People always live forever when there is annuity to be paid them.”
5. “Oh! do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch.”
This is Day 24 of the 30 Day Writing Challenge.